Laura Coxeter recently visited The Clock Tower to deliver an incredibly interesting workshop regarding the health and nutritional benefits of eating raw food. In particular, the focus of Laura’s workshop was on the fasinating subject of ‘Raw Chocoloate’ and the diversity of flavours that you can create within this ‘super-food.’
Here is the core raw chocoloate recipe that Laura uses…..
- 200g Cacao butter
- 200g Cacao powder
- 80g Coconut oil
- 150g Coconut sugar/200 ml Agave syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Melt the cacao butter and coconut oil over a low heat
- Stir in cacao powder and salt
- In a separate bowl, pour a tiny amount of boiled water onto the coconut sugar and blend into a paste
- Add the sugar paste to the chocolate mix
- Blend quickly (cacao butter doesn’t like to be over-blended)
- Once smooth, you can then add additional flavours such as oils, dried fruit, vanilla, super foods such as spirulina, pollen, maca
- Pour into moulds and set in the freezer
Most of the ingredients are available here:
As far as tips..
- Make sure all your tools/equipment are bone dry. Chocolate and water don’t mix!
- Set in the fridge and store in airtight container!
- Generally – experiment! Try new things! Don’t be overwhelmed by all the new ingredients and equipment!
- Try swapping cows milk for dairy free alternatives, such as Almond/hemp/rice/oat/coconut
- Try swapping refined cane sugar for Coconut palm sugar or xylitol
- Make your own healthy desk-snacks – A brilliant trail mix idea consists of Cacao nibs, Goji berries, Pumpkin seeds, Raisins, coconut chips. Better than a bag of crisps or mars bar! Real ENERGY food!
- Sprouted foods are fantastic! They are full of vitality and nutrition! I recommend http://magento.wheatgrass-uk.com/magento/index.php
There you go, simple!